Saturday, January 30, 2010

1971 V12 E-Type









This Jaguar has been a project of mine for the past 6 years. I pulled the engine and shipped it to San Antonio Texas to have it rebuilt. The engine was reunited with it's body in San Luis Obispo, Ca. I have done most of the cosmetic work. It only lacks carpeting and a better paint job. I bought this car from my brother in law, Murry Spence who bought it from his cousin Joey Nieman. It has been kept in the family for some time. It is a 5.3 liter V12 with 4 stromberg carbs. It drives unbelievably smooth. And yes it is fast. And since I am a cop I will take the 5th and not say how fast. For the most part I baby it though. Just had one thrill that is all. it is a weekend date car for Jeannine and I. And yeah, the chicks look, but are disappointed when they see the white hair. Sara helped model with the car in the last picture. Sara was named after Joey Nieman's Mom

2 comments:

Neville Henderson said...

Car looks great, especially like the picture of the engine bay

T and A said...

too much fun!