Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rich is hanging up his gun after 28 years



Well, it has come to the end. Last year I was injured in a foot chase. I tore my knee chasing someone who was much younger than I. How foolish of me. After surgery and many months of rehab, the knee is done therefore so am I. I was with the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office for 28 years. Here are some pictures of me from rookie to a photo taken from a news reporters car with a powerful telephoto lens. the woman in two of the pictures is Rose Mitre. She was my partner while an undercover officer. I now have white hair, but no pictures. I am glad it is over, but will miss some of the people.





3 comments:

Aaron said...

nice 'stache pops.

Lindsay said...

that last photo looks like a movie scene. i can't believe you use equipment like that for your job.

T and A said...

Congrats Rich, you were geart then and you will be great now! We love you! PS you know my favortie picture is not the cool action ones but the one containing Athena who still remembers playing in Grandpa's police car!