Friday, September 9, 2011

Road Trip, Septempber 2011

Jeannine and I went down to southern Utah for three days so I could take some photos.  We stayed in Torrey, Utah and made that out base camp.  Even though I miss California, I really love southern Utah.  I could have spent a lot more time in each place.  The desert is so quiet and peaceful.  I will admit Goblin Valley was my favorite.  Jeannine and I were there until dark and it was a very calm place with great beauty.  A camera cannot capture what is really there.  You have to be there to appreciate it.  I took 445 photos and could not decide which to post.  There are many more photos that turned out spectacular.   Not because I am a great photographer, but because of the place it self.  I must state here that the sun was not always my best friend.  At Arches most things have an eastern exposure and need to be photographed in the morning.  I was rarely in the right place at the right time.  The sun owes me a rematch.  Enjoy

No comments: